Return to Viking Overview
What you need
- (2) 1″ x 5″ x 15″ pieces of premium common board (got mine at Home Depot)
The actual dimensions of the wood will be around 3/4″ x 4 1/2″ x 15″
- Saw, best is a coping or scroll saw or any thing that can cut straight up and down
- small wooden chisel (optional but very helpful)
How to make the Viking chair
- Cut two pieces of 5″ wide wood to a length of 15″ (could be a little shorter if you don’t want it to go that high to the doll’s head).
Sand all sides and corners.
- Measure 4″ from one end of the board and draw a horizontal line.
Mark center of that line (center of board).
Then draw a second line parallel to the first line 3/4″ further away or the width of the board if it is not 3/4″ wide up to center of board.
For easier cutting of the cutout, I sawed the two long, straight cuts with a coping or scroll saw, then used a wood chisel to break out the cutout but you can saw it just as well.
Repeat for the other board.
- Slide the two boards together in the cutouts, forming a cross
- You could decorate the backrest with Viking wood carvings or round the back rest corners.
You are all done !!!
Return to Viking Overview for more Viking related tutorials.